The Wattnow app for iOS and Android, read through to discover the main features.
After installing your Wattnow monitor now it’s time to get oriented inside the Wattnow app. This is where all power consumption and usage activity gets reported from the Wattnow monitor; clearly, instantly, and in real time. In this post, we’ll look at the app’s four main screens.
- Setting up your Wattnow profil – account info and devices’ configuration.
- Real Time – a real-time overview of every watt your home is using.
- Consumption – a breakdown of the energy consumption of every device in your Home and the historical energy trends by day, week, month and device.
- Notifications – alerts, insights and actionable information.
To set up your Home profile in the Wattnow App, the process is very simple.
You will have to complete 4 easy steps:
- Add your Home devices by choosing their icons – this is where you walk through your Home and make sure you don’t miss out on any device.
- Add the data on your electric Meter
- Add the cost of your last electricity bill.
- Set a Budget for your electricity consumption – This is very important as it can give you a better grasp of your peak usage times and direct you to areas where your energy efficiency can be improved, benefiting your wallet and our environment.
- Once these informations are filled, you’re all set up to start controlling your energy!
PS: You will be able to modify any information on your profile at any given moment.
One of the most important features of Wattnow is the Real-Time screen. It displays instantaneous power use both in the whole Home but also of every device that turns on or off.
This is the screen you’ll likely be checking most often – it’s the quick-to-read snapshot of your home’s activity.
When you scroll down you will be able to see the cumulative consumption in your Home – this is the sum-up of all your devices’ consumption at that moment.
You can also see the consumption of each device individually.
You will also find your last electricity bill and how much it cost you in Dinars alongside the projections for the next electricity bill at the end of the billing cycle according to your consumption data up till that moment. And finally, you will see your budget – This is the financial goal that you set up when login in to the app for the first time.
On this screen, you will see if your consumption will exceed your budget and therefore you’ll be able to take action before it’s too late!
Consumption and History
The Consumption screen makes it easy to see how your home is consuming energy over time.
Here, you can track how much energy your home is using day-to-day.
You can view your consumption by the day, week, month, and year for your whole Home but you can also view individual devices to see the historical consumption for that device versus your total use.
Alerts and Notifications
The notifications feature helps you keep an eye on home activity and provides a heads up when something might be left on or using too much energy.
They are 3 types of notifications in the App
- Notifications about energy use, your budget, and your devices.
- Information about your devices, electricity trends, energy efficiency at home, etc.
- Recommendations action plans based on the insights collected from your consumption history.